ILLINOIS LICENSURE INFORMATION
What Should I Do Now?
Everyone must have an ELIS account to register, renew, or apply for licenses or endorsements.
To create an account on ELIS: (Click here for a short instructional video, courtesy of the Madison County ROE)
• Go to www.isbe.net/ELIS.
• Click on "Educator Access"
• Click on " Former ECS Users Click Here for First Time Access to the ELIS System" or "Sign Up Now"
• Fill out all personal information required and click continue
• On the next screen, you will have a confirmation screen – click continue.
• You have now created your ELIS account and can view your license, apply for new endorsements, update your personal information and much more!
Please note: The Regional Office of Education can no longer accept any paper forms or fees. When a transcript is required, it must be an official transcript. To be considered official, it must be in a sealed envelope from the university. All letters of recommendation and letters of experience must be original letters on school/company letterhead with original signature.
These documents may be sent to:
St. Clair County ROE
1000 S. Ilinois St
Belleville, Illinois 62220
For assistance with the above information or any questions regarding licensure please contact Norma Anderson or Donna Willett at the Regional Office. All information subject to change at any time.
E-mail: Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org